One of the biggest reasons why entrepreneurs nowadays struggle to grow their businesses is because they are simply wearing too many hats.
They do everything in their business. They ARE the business!!!
It’s just plain smart to leverage your time with talented workers on your team, than try and do it all yourself.
Getting started is the Biggest Hurdle
However, from speaking with hundreds and hundreds of entrepreneurs over the last couple of years on the subject, the biggest reason why they procrastinate and not pull the trigger with outsourcing, is because they really don’t have a clue what tasks they would outsource in the first place!
They help you ‘buy more time’ in your work day, alleviating entrepreneurial stress and allowing you to start working ON your business, instead of being trapped, working in it, instead.
25 Tasks to Outsource to a General Virtual Assistant
- Email Management/Filtering
- Setting up Autoresponders (Aweber, Mailchimp)
- Booking appointments with clients
- Following up with clients/customers (sending thank you and other reminder emails)
- Receptionist duties (answering occasional calls)
- Calendar Management
- File Management (organizing files using Dropbox etc)
- Database building (eg. updating email or contact lists on your CRM)
- Research on certain topics for blogposts, newsletters or others
- Personal errands (purchasing gifts for loved ones / family members online)
- Hotel and Flight Booking
- Transcription (transcribing voicemail, video or audio, podcasts etc.)
- Taking down minutes of meetings
- Creating basic reports (reports on weekly tasks, deliverables, sales)
- Preparing Slideshows (Powerpoint Presentations)
- Liaison between you and other team members
- Recruitment (source for other team members like writers or graphic artists)
- Set-up Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube)
- Manage and update Social Media Accounts
- Manage your Blog (Basic WordPress Skills)
- Publish posts on your Blog (content you provided)
- Filter and reply to comments on your blog
- Answering support tickets (with the use of Zendesk)
- Blog commenting (to increase links to your site)
- Participating in discussion forums or message boards (more promotion!)